So what is it that keeps you guys writing music? Is it for yourself, for other people to listen to it?
You must be logged in to comment on this post.
Hm - its not easy to answer that question. I think there are a lot of different aspects i love when i am composing:
* in my oppinion music in general is just the most exciting thing on the face of the earth.
* When listening to good music or making a track i just feel at one with the world ... there is no feeling comparable.
* i am always curious what result will come out. No joke - when i start something i have got absolutely no idea where this will lead to :D Thats also the reason why i often had to notice that i have composed the whole night without noticing ... but those birds in the morning are getting so darn loud ...
* i want to understand more about music in general. So i wanna check out just any styles and genres. Maybe someday with enough experience i will be able to find a new style. I also find it good to get a feeling how music forms transformed over the centuries to finally become what they are today.
* Also to understand the pieces that i love is an important thing for me to compose. I want to understand how the composer might have felt when he did his work and why several ideas came into his mind at a certain point of the piece.
* Music is a communicative thing. Much can be talked. More can be expressed with music - concerning the emotions.
* Music is relaxing. To focus on the sound you wanna create is just wonderful. It helps me recover from the stress out there in my other life.
* I want to break my limits - with each piece that i create.
* i am always happy if i see that people listen and download my stuff or use it for a movie or whatever. Its always nice to know that there are people out there who enjoy what you have done - especially if you recognize how much free and good stuff is out there.
* i want to leave something personal when i will have to leave this world someday. When i think of my children and grandchilds who maybe listen to some music you have created ... ok ... i know i am very nostalgic :D
* i want to bring people into another world when they take the time and listen to the music i have written. Music is a great way to let your imagination and fantasy float.
* music brings order into my mind.
Ok. Maybe that has been a lot now. But that was all that came into my mind. Interesting question - didnt really think about it that deeply until now. Thanks for the entry my friend!
All fantastic reasons, all of which I share in some degree as well. I really look up to you in a lot of ways as a composer!
Challenge and want to become like those awesome composer.
I feel that way as well.
Frankly? Money and fame.
Now, it's just for the hell of it.
I used to want money and fame, haha. Not on my priority list these days! (I mean, enough money to live would be nice but I doubt music will do that for me)
It just sorta happens. I get music ideas in my head and I want those ideas to exist in audible form.
To share it with others, and especially to share the love of Christ with others. But you share this desire as much as I do! : )
I do indeed, it drives everything!
Its certainly for other people more than for me. I enjoy what I make because other people enjoy it with me. Every download means another person likes what you did enough to perhaps listen to it on a weekly or daily basis. Your song Deus Vult was brilliantly done and that's what brought me to your page. Great song.
Thanks man! Getting that kind of response is so vital for me as well. I appreciate it a lot!
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.